- A female poet.More example sentences
- In that way, what we are accustomed to perceiving as the imaginary, challenges the so-called real and affirms Shelley's view that poets and for my purposes, poetesses, are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
- Andrews demonstrates that writing woman is no longer the burden of that outdated creature: the poetess.
- She's not really all that mean, just a brooding poetess.
More definitions of poetessDefinition of poetess in:
- The US English dictionary