Definition of pogo in English:
noun(also pogo stick) (plural pogos)
A toy for jumping about on, consisting of a long, spring-loaded pole with a handle at the top and rests for a person’s feet near the bottom.
- I was on the driveway yesterday jumping around on my pogo stick.
- I didn't bounce very well on the pogo stick - the spring was a bit rusty, but I was determined.
- He bounded up onto the stage and played some impromptu air guitar, jumping up and down like he was on a pogo stick and laughing maniacally.
verb (pogoes, pogoing, pogoed)[no object] informal Back to top
Jump up and down as if on a pogo stick as a form of dancing to rock music, especially punk: everyone was pogoing like crazy to The Sex Pistols (as noun pogoing) old favourites went down well with much thumping of the air and pogoing
More example sentences
- It's a rare pleasure to see a crowd that isn't moshing or pogoing, but actually dancing.
- You lot wouldn't know Punk Rock if it pogoed up to you and spat in your earhole.
- Written with a sense of humor, Punk Rock Aerobics is filled not only with dance moves inspired by pogoing and air guitars, but punk trivia and interviews with favorites from the punk-rock music scene.
1920s: of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with pogoa-gogo, go-go, Togo
Definition of pogo in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan