Definition of pogonophobia in English:
noun[mass noun] chiefly humorous
Extreme dislike of beards: my pogonophobia possibly stems from my inability to grow one
More example sentences
- Being rather a hairy chap, I'm glad that neither myself nor my loved ones suffer from pogonophobia.
- While I wouldn't go so far as to say I suffer from pogonophobia, I am not really down with the things.
- He's struck a blow against pogonophobia, and claimed beards back for the squares.
- Example sentences
- In 1698, Peter the Great ordered Russian men to shave off their beards. Elizabeth I was similarly pogonophobic.
- They have grown accustomed to questions from people who aren't quite pogonophobic but are skeptical of the positive side of beards.
- There is a superb footnote to this article about how cats are pogonophobic, which raises more questions than it answers.
Definition of pogonophobia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan