Definition of pogonophobia in English:
noun[mass noun] chiefly humorous
Extreme dislike of beards: my pogonophobia possibly stems from my inability to grow one
More example sentences
- He's struck a blow against pogonophobia, and claimed beards back for the squares.
- Paxman said yesterday that he was undecided whether to persist with his new appearance but, in typically acerbic fashion, accused his employers of pogonophobia - a fear of beards.
- Pogonophobia is breaking out in grounds across the land.
- Example sentences
- There is a superb footnote to this article about how cats are pogonophobic, which raises more questions than it answers.
- "Beard awareness seminars", and new "guidelines about the use of pogonophobic language" were also needed, it added.
- These are the beards of pogonophobic stereotype that allegedly have bits of food in them and perhaps the occasional bird's nest.
Mid 19th century: from Greek pōgōn 'beard' + -phobia.
Definition of pogonophobia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.