- Relating to or denoting the texture of an igneous rock in which small crystals of one mineral occur within crystals of another.More example sentences
- In the southern Siniscola schists, chloritoid and poikilitic garnet porphyroblasts have overgrown the earliest cleavage.
- A volatile-rich metasomatic phase produced late growth of poikilitic K-feldspars, layered pegmatites and aplite dikes and an explosive network of dykes emanating out of the top of the Nuptse-Everest leucogranite.
- Collected from the eastern half of the Orlica-Snieznik Dome near the border with the Keprm'k dome, sample SZ-IOa is a well-foliated garnet-zone gneiss that contains minor poikilitic garnet with fractures containing pinite.
More definitions of poikiliticDefinition of poikilitic in:
- The US English dictionary