- An alluvial deposit that forms by accretion inside an expanding loop of a river.More example sentences
- Sediment deposited on the inside of the bend forms a point bar.
- Collinson also suggested that the units of low-angle cross-stratified conglomerate record either bar shifting within a braided system or the migration of a point bar in a gravel-bed meandering stream.
- The high I.V. of boxelder in a point bar dominated by cottonwood is an example of such a combination.
More definitions of point barDefinition of point bar in:
- The US English dictionary