- (In surfing) a type of wave characteristic of a coast with a headland.More example sentences
- On the best of days, Mavericks acts like a point break, constantly jacking up in a down-the-line pattern as it hits a succession of shallow spots in the reef.
- I came across one when I was going for a surf at a primo spot called Murderers (Murdering Beach officially) which is a classic point break in the middle of nowhere, a bit of a drive out of Port Chalmers.
- Still, surfers flock to the famous point break at La Libertad, where consistent five-foot swells run 300 yards to shore.
More definitions of point breakDefinition of point break in:
- The US English dictionary