- An electric charge regarded as concentrated in a mathematical point, without spatial extent.More example sentences
- The electric field anywhere outside a charged conducting sphere is shown to be exactly equal to that produced by a point charge of equal total charge located at the center of the sphere.
- This point charge is a dipolar amino acid with its negative electron density directed toward the ionone ring or a negatively charged amino acid with its positive end distal from the [beta] ionone ring.
- Specifically, a positive point charge at 170 has no effect, but a negative point charge significantly reduces substrate turnover.
More definitions of point chargeDefinition of point charge in:
- The US English dictionary