- The contact of a metal point with the surface of a semiconductor so as to form a rectifying junction.More example sentences
- They studied how the conductance in a point contact changes as the density of electrons in the reservoirs and connecting channel is increased.
- Because balls make point contact with the rails, at high loads the ball bearings will indent the rails, causing permanent damage.
- The short rods of Fig.5, A and B, show limited side-by-side association, and many single point contacts.
More definitions of point contactDefinition of point contact in:
- The US English dictionary