- 1The soldier at the head of a patrol; the leader of an armed force.More example sentences
- Neither field marshal nor platoon leader should be point man.
- Perez, the point man for the lead squad, and therefore the most exposed member of the platoon, came under the majority of these fires.
- Often the casualty is the point man, closest to the enemy.
- 1.1North American (Especially in a political context) a person at the forefront of an activity or endeavour: Olson was the defence department’s point man when the government recently changed pension legislationMore example sentences
- Just a short while ago I spoke with the point man for the president's economic agenda, the U.S. treasury secretary, John Snow.
- He's the point man on the president's team on the economy.
- He has really been the point man for the Bush administration.
More definitions of point manDefinition of point man in:
- The US English dictionary