Definition of point man in English:
1The soldier at the head of a patrol; the leader of an armed force.
- Neither field marshal nor platoon leader should be point man.
- Perez, the point man for the lead squad, and therefore the most exposed member of the platoon, came under the majority of these fires.
- Often the casualty is the point man, closest to the enemy.
1.1North American (Especially in a political context) a person at the forefront of an activity or endeavour: Olson was the defence department’s point man when the government recently changed pension legislation
More example sentences
- Just a short while ago I spoke with the point man for the president's economic agenda, the U.S. treasury secretary, John Snow.
- He's the point man on the president's team on the economy.
- He has really been the point man for the Bush administration.
Definition of point man in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan