- The action of filling the joints of brickwork or masonry with mortar: the pointing and grouting of masonry and brickMore example sentences
- Thus, a drawing by Chiaruttini of 1786 demonstrates that Canova used this form of pointing with a scaled frame and plumb lines for the production of his monument to Clement XIV.
- Mr Tytherleigh noted in his report that there was some open joint pointing to the standstone copings, and commented that some modest pointing was appropriate.
- This refurbishment includes replacement, pointing and refurbishment of stonework on the four faces and the north and south transepts.
More definitions of pointingDefinition of pointing in:
- The US English dictionary