Definition of pointy-headed in English:
adjectiveNorth American informal, chiefly , derogatory
Expert; intellectual: some pointy-headed college professor
More example sentences
- I fear real life jurors would respond to such an argument by dismissing it as bookish, the stuff of pointy-headed intellectuals.
- Like jocks, the policymakers laugh at the pointy-headed intellectuals who think they know how to draft good laws and negotiate with foreign governments.
- Score one for real people against the pointy-headed atheistic intellectuals (who have apparently declared war on the rest of us).
- Example sentences
- I never said the pointy heads should run things.
- The Hutchins boys could be dismissed by journalists as a pack of pointy heads, intellectuals detached from the ethos of working stiffs.
- It's not all doom and gloom on Ireland's property market from the pointy heads at international accountants.
By association with egghead.
Definition of pointy-headed in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.