Definition of pointy-headed in English:
adjectiveNorth American informal , chiefly derogatory
Expert; intellectual: some pointy-headed college professor
More example sentences
- I fear real life jurors would respond to such an argument by dismissing it as bookish, the stuff of pointy-headed intellectuals.
- Like jocks, the policymakers laugh at the pointy-headed intellectuals who think they know how to draft good laws and negotiate with foreign governments.
- Score one for real people against the pointy-headed atheistic intellectuals (who have apparently declared war on the rest of us).
By association with egghead.
- Example sentences
- I never said the pointy heads should run things.
- The Hutchins boys could be dismissed by journalists as a pack of pointy heads, intellectuals detached from the ethos of working stiffs.
- It's not all doom and gloom on Ireland's property market from the pointy heads at international accountants.
Definition of pointy-headed in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan