A North American climbing plant which secretes an irritant oil from its leaves that can cause dermatitis.
- Rhus radicans, family Anacardiaceae
More example sentences
- Ground ivy and poison ivy grow in shade, while dead nettle, dandelions, and clover thrive in fertile soil.
- In April a small tractor had been used to disc-harrow much of the poison ivy, bittersweet, bayberry, and grass cover, leaving the soil soft and free of vegetation.
- The poison ivy should not really affect the vegetables, but I would remove the poison ivy, making sure to get all of the root system.
More definitions of poison ivyDefinition of poison ivy in:
- The US English dictionary