- The axis of an equatorially mounted telescope which is at right angles to the declination axis and parallel to the earth’s axis of rotation, about which the telescope is turned to follow the apparent movement of celestial objects resulting from the earth’s rotation.More example sentences
- And that's assuming that the whole thing can be measured on a simple polar axis, which I think is highly unlikely.
- During his 1979-1982 transglobe expedition - the first surface journey undertaken around the earth's polar axis - he worked closely with the university's physics department to record radiowaves from the Earth's magnetosphere.
- The Coriolis effect depends on a change in the distance from the Earth's polar axis as mass moves in a north/south direction.
More definitions of polar axisDefinition of polar axis in:
- The US English dictionary