Definition of pole dancing in English:
Erotic dancing which involves swinging around a fixed pole.
- When they wrote to appear on the TV show, the group described themselves as dancing girls but refused to do any dirty dancing or pole dancing.
- Meanwhile, Mr Brownsword today assured residents there would be no lap dancing, pole dancing or strip acts at the new club.
- He said the kind of dancing, and whether pole dancing would be included, would depend on the terms of the licence.
pole dancer noun
- Example sentences
- The 10 contestants - who include a dairy farmer, a pilot and a former pole dancer - underwent a week's training at a police college to learn the basics of crime investigation.
- There's a Thai pole dancer in and extremely short asymmetrical dress (extremely short on one side only) who is being taken for a spin across the floor by almost every man in the joint so far.
- In the third act she performs a solo with a shepherd's crook, swivelling her hips and stroking the staff with her legs, that would not be out of place for a pole dancer in a dubious Soho nightspot.
Definition of pole dancing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia