Definition of police record in English:
noun(usually police records)
1A dossier kept by the police on all people convicted of crime.
- They thus offer a measure of crime a distance apart from police records, of which more below.
- The source of the information must have been the mother and the fiancé, as well as police records (which record a number of domestic violence calls to the home where the fiancé and his former wife lived).
- For all posts covered by these arrangements, the police check will be made against national and local police records.
1.1 (a police record) A personal history which includes some conviction for crime: a well-known character with a police record
More example sentences
- He has a police record dating back to February 1976, when he was 16 years old, for offences such as theft, burglary and possession of an offensive weapon.
- The host country, in essential cases, may ask the Member State of origin for information regarding any previous police record.
- My source also mentioned a few other problematic issues in her past, like a police record and a history of charges of animal cruelty… on her part.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan