Definition of policymaker in English:
A person responsible for or involved in formulating policies, especially in politics.
- It is us in the health profession and not the politicians and policymakers who have to deal with the consequences of this policy.
- In the wake of the Cold War, U.S. policymakers remain firmly committed to this goal.
- The imperialist policymakers are motivated above all by questions of their own security.
- Example sentences
- Like Jack, then, I'd defend centrist policymaking as the best way to actually accomplish our goals.
- I would just urge the government to avoid rash policymaking.
- Bribery is becoming a routine part of government policymaking.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan