- 1Shiny as a result of being rubbed: a polished mahogany tableMore example sentences
- In the center of the room there was a little coffee table, polished to a brilliant shine, and a couch, with two large armchairs.
- The prince had been sitting at the polished mahogany table, practising his algebra after repeated reminders from his tutor.
- A sigh echoed through the room as two legs perched upon the surface of the polished mahogany table, its base cluttered with piles of untouched papers.
- 1.1Accomplished and skilful: his polished performance in the filmMore example sentences
expert, accomplished, masterly, masterful, skilful, skilled, clever, proficient, adept, deft, adroit, dexterous, impeccable, flawless, faultless, perfect, consummate, exquisite, outstanding, excellent, superb, superlative, remarkable, first-rate, fine, talented, gifted
- Expect a polished and accomplished performance from a man dedicated to his music.
- Their performances were polished, with superb harmonies and flawless production.
- He and his band had obviously spent a long time rehearsing, and the result was an immaculately arranged, perfectly executed and polished performance.
- 1.2Refined, sophisticated, or elegant: he was polished and charmingMore example sentences
- The highly polished, refined and sophisticated villain of this film, enacted by him, brought accolades to Devan.
- Really - because she's elegant and she's romantic and sophisticated and polished, and she loves fashion.
- Let us discuss and debate, but in a refined manner and polished language please!
- 1.3(Of rice) having had the outer husk removed during milling.More example sentences
- Han Asian Vodka is made from polished rice, select barley and spring water.
- Jute was just another convenient natural material that could be made into large bags to store everything from dehusked coconuts to polished rice to fresh vegetables.
- This looks like red rice. It's different to normal white polished rice, and it's capable of germination.