(also political correctitude)
- The avoidance of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against: women like him for his civil rights stand and political correctnessMore example sentences
- This isn't a matter of so-called political correctness, but of social decency.
- It was not a mark of political correctness, but of social justice.
- Advertisers had argued that to ban the advertisements would be overzealous political correctness.
More definitions of political correctnessDefinition of political correctness in:
- The US English dictionary