nounarchaic or literary
An utter coward: come on, you poltroons!
More example sentences
- It encourages people to mail or email white feathers to Jonah to remind him that he is a lily-livered poltroon.
- I knew what they were both thinking, for I was thinking it myself; he was a yellowed-belly poltroon.
- The new history falsely portrayed the British administrators and armed forces of the 19th Century as either tyrants or poltroons, and the settlers as heroic refugees fleeing from an oppressive government in the British Isles.
- More example sentences
- I find that it would be a piece of poltroonery in me to withdraw either the dedication or the dedicatory letter.
- Then thank God a million times that Im a woman, and know poltroonery and dirty-mindedness when I see it.
Definition of poltroon in:
- The US English dictionary