- A synthetic resin in which the polymer units are linked through carbonate groups, including many moulding materials and films.More example sentences
- Classes of polymers used in integrated optics include acrylates, polyimides, polycarbonates, and olefins.
- Janos Hajito made his discovery by mixing fluorescent dyes with polycarbonate, a transparent polymer.
- The polycarbonate trademarked as Lexan is used in ‘bulletproof’ glass and in astronaut's helmets.
More definitions of polycarbonateDefinition of polycarbonate in:
- The US English dictionary