- Characterized by multiple cysts: polycystic ovary syndromeMore example sentences
- At least a third of women with multiple miscarriages appear to have polycystic ovary syndrome, which is characterized by hormonal abnormalities and multiple cysts on the ovaries.
- We know that that's a much rarer cause of irregular periods, a much less common disease than polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Other long-term effects of polycystic ovary syndrome are related to the clinical consequences of persistent anovulation.
More definitions of polycysticDefinition of polycystic in:
- The US English dictionary