Belonging to, comprising, or containing many ethnic groups.
- McNeill, like Watson, postulates a turn away from the extreme of the nation state towards more polyethnic political constructions reminiscent of classical empires.
- The artists in ‘Black Belt’ explore this time and its merging of traditions and the resulting evolution of a polyethnic and transcultural American identity.
- The intergenerational reproduction of minority ethnic identities has produced a national culture that is multicultural, polyethnic, and cosmopolitan.
- Example sentences
- His distinction between national minorities and voluntary migrants may be helpful for conceiving of immigration-derived polyethnicity in Canada.
- Polyethnicity is not so new to most of Asia and Africa.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: poly|eth¦nic
Definition of polyethnic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.