Definition of polygenic in English:
Relating to or determined by polygenes: the theory of polygenic inheritance
More example sentences
- Monogenic and polygenic inheritance of adult resistance under controlled and field conditions has been reported in the literature.
- In the Belgian tervuren and sheepdog, epilepsy is highly heritable with a polygenic mode of inheritance, though apparently influenced by a single autosomal recessive locus of large effect.
- The technique is intended to integrate Mendelian transmission genetics, allelic frequency, and penetrance with the patterns of covariance expected in polygenic inheritance.
- Example sentences
- Quantitative trait loci analyses have recently been initiated to map some of these polygenically controlled traits.
- The evolutionary ramifications of such a mosaic of temporal and spatial gene expression patterns on direct and correlated response to selection in complex, polygenically controlled traits could be considerable.
- Bone density is suggested to be multifactorially regulated and polygenically determined.
Definition of polygenic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan