- A plane figure with at least three straight sides and angles, and typically five or more.More example sentences
- For purposes of clarification: a hexagon is a polygon with six sides and six angles.
- This he obtained by circumscribing and inscribing a circle with regular polygons having 96 sides.
- He proposed successively doubling the number of sides of a regular polygon inscribed in a circle so that the difference in areas would eventually become exhausted.
- More example sentences
- The opening between adjacent cells is trapezoidal or polygonal.
- The chambers are usually square, rectangular, or polygonal in plan and often show structural compartmentalization with side cells opening from the main chamber.
- Architecturally they incorporate the low roofs, polygonal towers and shallow, semicircular domes of the Byzantine mode.
late 16th century: via late Latin from Greek polugōnon, neuter (used as a noun) of polugōnos 'many-angled'.
More definitions of polygonDefinition of polygon in:
- The US English dictionary