- An enzyme which brings about the formation of a particular polymer, especially DNA or RNA: DNA polymeraseMore example sentences
- Replicative DNA polymerases are very accurate enzymes with error rates usually in the range of 10-5 per replicated nucleotide.
- In contrast to the phage polymerases, RNA polymerases from higher organisms have a much more complex subunit structure than the bacterial enzymes.
- The presence of the histones and CpG methylation most affect accessibility of the chromatin to RNA polymerases and transcription factors.
More definitions of polymeraseDefinition of polymerase in:
- The US English dictionary