- A linear organic polymer consisting of a large number of amino-acid residues bonded together in a chain, forming part of (or the whole of) a protein molecule: [as modifier]: a polypeptide chainMore example sentences
- It is a basic protein with a single polypeptide chain and acts on cellular and model lipid membranes.
- These enzymes break down proteins into polypeptides and then into amino acids, which are absorbed through the gut wall into the bloodstream.
- They both develop random transient beta-strands across the whole polypeptide chain.
More definitions of polypeptideDefinition of polypeptide in:
- The US English dictionary