noun (plural polypi /-pʌɪ/)
- archaic or technical term for polyp.More example sentences
- Leaving the polypi unattended to can lead to complications.
- If the nose block persists, in spite of surgery, then it can be due to residual or recurrent polypi.
- Acupuncture stimulation is applied on ear acupoint ‘lung’ to treat nasal polypus, chronic rhinitis, etc.
late Middle English: via Latin from a variant of Greek polupous 'cuttlefish, polyp', from polu- 'many' + pous, pod- 'foot'.
More definitions of polypusDefinition of polypus in:
- The US English dictionary