- A cluster of ribosomes held together by a strand of messenger RNA which each is translating.More example sentences
- This value was lower than the average amount of mRNA detected in all polysomes (two ribosomes per mRNA) in leaves of arabidopsis and rapidly dividing yeast cells.
- The peaks of free 40S and 60S subunits, 80S ribosomes (free couples and monosomes), and polysomes are indicated.
- Anoxia causes polysomes, translating the aerobic proteins, to dissociate, and anaerobic mRNAs are translated from polysomes with a much lower average size.
More definitions of polysomeDefinition of polysome in:
- The US English dictionary