Definition of polysulphide in English:
1A compound containing two or more sulphur atoms bonded together as an anion or group.
- Thiokol Chemical Corporation produced a synthetic rubber from ethylene dichloride and sodium polysulfide.
- Approximately 3 lb of calcium carbonate are needed to neutralize the effect of 1 lb of sulfur applied as elemental sulfur or ammonium polysulfide.
1.1A synthetic rubber or other polymer in which the units are linked through such groups.
- The polysulfide degrades, cracks and causes the window to fail and ‘fog up’.
- These coatings exhibit the toughness and adhesion of epoxy, with the elasticity and chemical resistance of a polysulfide.
- There are three common types: polysulfides, polyurethanes, and silicones.
Definition of polysulphide in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.