noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A water-soluble polymer of vinyl pyrrolidone, used as a synthetic blood plasma substitute and in the cosmetic, drug, and food-processing industries.More example sentences
- To prevent oxidation of polyphenol and its interference with activity of Taq polymerase; 2-mercaptoethanol was added to an extraction buffer and insoluble polyvinylpyrrolidone was added to leaves when they were ground.
- The tunica albuginea was removed from testes and remaining tissues were placed in cold modified Dulbecco's phosphate buffered medium supplemented with 0.01% polyvinylpyrrolidone.
- Phyto hormones were extracted in 5 ml of 65% acetone overnight at 4°C and polyvinylpyrrolidone was added as an antioxidant.
More definitions of polyvinylpyrrolidoneDefinition of polyvinylpyrrolidone in:
- The US English dictionary