- Having appreciable weight or significance.More example sentences
- Thanks for your excellent site, which provides enough ponderable reading to have my brother ‘addicted’ to science, and keeps him from doing work all week.
- Two years later these soul supporters of the Chinook formed the Chinook Owners Association and dedicated themselves to reviving Walden's ponderable vision.
- It is a dense and ponderable epic with Stipe asking: ‘I used to think as birds take wing/they sing through life, so why can't we?’
mid 17th century: from late Latin ponderabilis, from ponderare 'weigh, reflect on' (see ponder).
More definitions of ponderableDefinition of ponderable in:
- The US English dictionary