- A submerged aquatic plant that grows in still or running water and sometimes has floating leaves.
More example sentences
- Genus Potamogeton, family Potamogetonaceae
- Water hyacinths, duckweed, and pondweed are all aquatic monocots.
- There'd be some pondweed, lotus and water lily, but you could still take a boat out here and fish.
- Influxes of saltwater can ‘burn’ and destroy aquatic vegetation such as pondweed, najas and other freshwater and brackish water plants that serve as prime duck fodder.
More definitions of pondweedDefinition of pondweed in:
- The US English dictionary