- Relating to or affecting the pons of the brain: patients with pontine haemorrhageMore example sentences
- The researchers then used a needle to target and deliver Gd-albumin into the pontine region of the brainstem in three healthy adult monkeys.
- St. John showed that apneustic breathing caused by rostral pontine lesions disappeared when the animal awoke.
- Pathologist Dr Adam Coumbe gave the cause of death as pontine haemorrhage, a bleed in the base of the brain.
late 19th century: from Latin pons, pont- 'bridge' + -ine1.
More definitions of pontineDefinition of pontine in:
- The US English dictionary