Definition of ponytail in English:
A hairstyle in which the hair is drawn back and tied at the back of the head so as to hang down.
- Perhaps it's the way they have their hair styled in perfect ponytails, their make-up highlighting their fine features.
- Other low- and no-maintenance looks include chignons, ponytails or donning a bandanna.
- They work great on my very thick, pretty curly hair for ponytails and sloppy buns.
- Example sentences
- In True Believer, James Woods plays Eddie Dodd, a ponytailed pot smoker who started out as a sixties-era civil rights lawyer but now mainly fights to get reduced sentences for white-collar drug dealers.
- Many say that while he is known for his razor-sharp mind, the ponytailed 38-year-old lacks experience and alienates employees and customers with his arrogant style.
- A large crowd forms around a sweaty, bearded and ponytailed leader in a checkered three-piece suit who stands on a milk crate and introduces himself as the founder of the No Police State Coalition.
Definition of ponytail in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan