- (In Japanese cookery) a sauce or dip made with soy sauce and citrus juice.More example sentences
- Factors such as the thickness of the slices affect other features such as the composition of the dipping sauce; a citrus fruit and soy sauce called ponzu is a favourite with very thin slices.
- The tataki of tuna with fennel and gingered ponzu was fine, as were the spiced tuna tartare and tuna sashimi rolls.
- The signature starter, Nine Bites, is an assortment of mini-masterpieces that might include a tuna sashimi roll with truffled ponzu (a soy-citrus sauce) or a lobster pot de creme as silky as creme caramel.
Japanese, from pon 'smack, pop' + zu, from su 'vinegar'.
More definitions of ponzuDefinition of ponzu in:
- The US English dictionary