- A person having much influence or holding many offices at the same time, especially one who is perceived as pompously self-important: a pair of government pooh-bahsMore example sentences
- I love the fact that the self-important pooh-bahs at 43rd Street now have to worry that they'll be corrected on a daily basis by a bunch of former nobodies.
- The chophouse has been renowned as a gathering spot for Minnesota's political pooh-bahs since the Great Depression.
- He's looking awfully good by comparison to the pooh-bahs of the business today.
from the name of a character in W. S. Gilbert's The Mikado (1885).
More definitions of pooh-bahDefinition of pooh-bah in:
- The US English dictionary