The area adjoining a swimming pool.
- Granted, the Barbican pool desperately needs a revamp, particularly the poolsides and the changing areas, but these are excellent facilities that just desperately need some tender loving care.
- The cocktails were served over ice in eye catching full-color shakers at restaurants, bars, poolsides and room service, and they were offered for sale to guests.
- To brighten entries and soften hardscapes such as patios and poolsides, the women fill pots and bowls with annuals twice a year: in October for fall through spring color, and in May for summer color.
adjective & adverb
Towards or beside a swimming pool: [as adjective]: a poolside bar [as adverb]: she and her parents lounged poolside
More example sentences
- Sip summer cocktails poolside while DJ Stephen Wallace provides the tunes.
- We are also considering placing a bank of lockers poolside for keys and wallets.
- Salisbury Rotary Club members went poolside last Friday to publicise the club's first ever fundraising swimathon, planned for April.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: pool|side
Definition of poolside in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.