Definition of poolside in English:
The area adjoining a swimming pool.
- Granted, the Barbican pool desperately needs a revamp, particularly the poolsides and the changing areas, but these are excellent facilities that just desperately need some tender loving care.
- The cocktails were served over ice in eye catching full-color shakers at restaurants, bars, poolsides and room service, and they were offered for sale to guests.
- To brighten entries and soften hardscapes such as patios and poolsides, the women fill pots and bowls with annuals twice a year: in October for fall through spring color, and in May for summer color.
adjective & adverbBack to top
Towards or beside a swimming pool: [as adjective]: a poolside bar [as adverb]: she and her parents lounged poolside
More example sentences
- Sip summer cocktails poolside while DJ Stephen Wallace provides the tunes.
- We are also considering placing a bank of lockers poolside for keys and wallets.
- Salisbury Rotary Club members went poolside last Friday to publicise the club's first ever fundraising swimathon, planned for April.
Words that rhyme with poolsideupside • nearside
Definition of poolside in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan