A tubular rivet that is inserted into a hole and clinched by the withdrawing of a central rod, used where only one side of the work is accessible.
- Insert the pop rivet into the hole in the metal being joined until the flange is completely up against the surface, then slip the gun over the shaft end of the rivet.
- Utilizing copious quantities of black silicone adhesive sealant on the top, bottom and sides, I attached the front piece to the body of the can and riveted it down both sides with aluminum pop rivets.
- The deck and hull are joined on an outward flange with adhesive sealant and fastened with pop rivets or nuts and bolts depending on the date of production.
verb (pop-rivets, pop-riveting, pop-riveted)(pop-rivet) [with object]
Secure or fasten with pop rivets: (as noun pop riveting) pop-riveting does not require the use of a hammer
More example sentences
- It was also decided at this stage that these ‘L' sections would be pop-riveted onto the panel work for a secure permanent hold, making the case super strong.
- The wheel systems themselves are pop-riveted onto the aluminium section.
- I am going to pop rivet a sheet of clear polycarbonate for the side window, so having carefully measured and drawn a straight line, I drilled holes in the side panel as well as the polycarbonate sheet.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: pop rivet
Definition of pop rivet in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.