- Art based on modern popular culture and the mass media, especially as a critical or ironic comment on traditional fine art values.More example sentences
- Whether Asian Americans are buying traditional or contemporary, calligraphy on rice paper or pop art made from mixed media, they look for at least some reference to the Far East.
- Part Norman Rockwell, part Andy Warhol, Segal's work has been tossed in to every category from American realism and pop art to social expressionism and figurative sculpture.
- Roy Lichtenstein's pop art paintings had an immediate and forceful impact on my 17 year old grandson.
The term is applied specifically to the works, largely from the mid 1950s and 1960s, of a group of artists including Andy Warhol, Roy Lichtenstein, Jasper Johns, and Peter Blake, who used images from comic books, advertisements, consumer products, television, and cinema
More definitions of pop artDefinition of pop art in:
- The US English dictionary