1British informal A press stud.
- Velco straps on the hips help adjust the waist line and some poppers fastens the short on.
- Modern cloth nappies fasten with poppers or Velcro, need only a 60 degree wash in the machine and are very easy to use as any solid matter is flushed away.
- It easy to get in and out of, with no zips, poppers or buttons to fiddle with in emergency robing or disrobing situations.
2 (usually poppers) informal A small vial of amyl nitrite used for inhalation, which makes a popping sound when opened.
- And they're also mixing in drugs, like ecstasy and GHB and, perhaps most dangerously, crystal meth and poppers.
- Charlton told police her lover had liked to dress up in stockings, G-strings, PVC costumes, and have sex while sniffing poppers (amyl nitrate) and watching hardcore porn films.
- I don't think there's even the slightest chance that King wasn't on LSD and poppers when he wrote this.
3(In fishing) an artificial lure which makes a popping sound when moved over the surface of the water.
- For 60% of my pike fly fishing I use a nine weight rods, but when fishing big flies and poppers and having to contend with a strong wind I will switch to a ten weight rod.
- I also took the little boat into the mangroves where we tried fly gear and surface poppers, and were probably the first anglers to ever cast there.
- Little surface poppers, small deep divers, every colour, shape and action that can be produced he will have with him.
4North American A utensil for popping corn.
- As she walked into the kitchen he was just in the process of heaping handfuls of the kernels into the corn popper that was already heated up.
- You can use an air popper, an electric popper, or one of those fancy self-stirring doohickeys, but all you really need to make good popcorn is a large, lidded skillet, pan or wok.
- While there are some hazards - like smoking the place out, you can use 1970's air popcorn poppers, woks, or actual home roasters.
Words that rhyme with popperbopper, copper, cropper, Dopper, dropper, hopper, improper, Joppa, poppa, proper, shopper, stopper, swapper, topper, whopper
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: pop¦per
Definition of popper in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.