- 1British • informal A press stud.More example sentences
- Velco straps on the hips help adjust the waist line and some poppers fastens the short on.
- Modern cloth nappies fasten with poppers or Velcro, need only a 60 degree wash in the machine and are very easy to use as any solid matter is flushed away.
- It easy to get in and out of, with no zips, poppers or buttons to fiddle with in emergency robing or disrobing situations.
- 2 • informal A small vial of amyl nitrite used for inhalation, which makes a popping sound when opened.More example sentences
- And they're also mixing in drugs, like ecstasy and GHB and, perhaps most dangerously, crystal meth and poppers.
- Charlton told police her lover had liked to dress up in stockings, G-strings, PVC costumes, and have sex while sniffing poppers (amyl nitrate) and watching hardcore porn films.
- I don't think there's even the slightest chance that King wasn't on LSD and poppers when he wrote this.
- 3(In fishing) an artificial lure which makes a popping sound when moved over the surface of the water.More example sentences
- For 60% of my pike fly fishing I use a nine weight rods, but when fishing big flies and poppers and having to contend with a strong wind I will switch to a ten weight rod.
- I also took the little boat into the mangroves where we tried fly gear and surface poppers, and were probably the first anglers to ever cast there.
- Little surface poppers, small deep divers, every colour, shape and action that can be produced he will have with him.
- 4North American A utensil for popping corn.More example sentences
- As she walked into the kitchen he was just in the process of heaping handfuls of the kernels into the corn popper that was already heated up.
- You can use an air popper, an electric popper, or one of those fancy self-stirring doohickeys, but all you really need to make good popcorn is a large, lidded skillet, pan or wok.
- While there are some hazards - like smoking the place out, you can use 1970's air popcorn poppers, woks, or actual home roasters.
More definitions of popperDefinition of popper in:
- The US English dictionary