Definition of populated in English:
1 [often with submodifier] Inhabited: a densely populated area populated countries
More example sentences
- The sow was in a consignment from 34 premises in the East Riding and Humberside - two of the most densely populated pig areas in the UK - North Yorkshire and South Yorkshire.
- Mr Livingstone said: ‘I am deeply concerned about trains carrying nuclear waste passing through such a densely populated area as London.’
- But Mr Robinson said the scheme could not work for every property and will serve 15,000 homes in the most densely populated areas - Skipton, Settle and South Craven.
2 Electronics (Of a printed circuit board) having components fitted.
- There have been numerous reports for all kind of chipsets and motherboards that when more than 1 socket is populated system stability and frequency headroom are reduced.
- In fact a fully populated cable set up means that we can't get the signal to work at all.
Definition of populated in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan