Definition of populated in English:
1 [often with submodifier] Inhabited: a densely populated area populated countries
More example sentences
- The sow was in a consignment from 34 premises in the East Riding and Humberside - two of the most densely populated pig areas in the UK - North Yorkshire and South Yorkshire.
- Mr Livingstone said: ‘I am deeply concerned about trains carrying nuclear waste passing through such a densely populated area as London.’
- But Mr Robinson said the scheme could not work for every property and will serve 15,000 homes in the most densely populated areas - Skipton, Settle and South Craven.
2 Electronics (Of a printed circuit board) having components fitted.
- There have been numerous reports for all kind of chipsets and motherboards that when more than 1 socket is populated system stability and frequency headroom are reduced.
- In fact a fully populated cable set up means that we can't get the signal to work at all.
Definition of populated in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.