- Of, affecting, or resembling a pig or pigs: his flushed, porcine featuresMore example sentences
- The porcine genome was scanned to identify loci affecting coat color in an experimental cross between the Meishan breed and Dutch commercial lines.
- And all the time, Sandler's strange, porcine face hardly changes expression; it never shows anything approximating human feeling.
- Even though wild and unwise boar do not look for danger above them, and that a man hiding up a tree with a big sharpened log was sure to be able to get himself some pork for the barbecue, our porcine tormentors were safe.
mid 17th century: from French porcin or Latin porcinus, from porcus 'pig'.
More definitions of porcineDefinition of porcine in:
- The US English dictionary