nounchiefly North American
- Ceps (wild mushrooms), especially as an item on a menu.More example sentences
- The atmosphere in Paul and Jeanne Rankin's restaurant is just as hot and modern as the menu, which includes roast rump of venison with porcini rosti, wild mushrooms and sun-dried cranberries.
- It sounded delicious with porcini mushrooms and crispy leeks over mashed potatoes.
- Amidst white truffles, porcini mushrooms, Gorgonzola cheese, chestnuts, and other treasures of the Piedmont region, Carlo Petrini grew up with a savory spoon in his mouth.
Italian, literally 'little pigs'.
More definitions of porciniDefinition of porcini in:
- The US English dictionary