(also portobello mushroom)
noun (plural portobellos)
- A large mature mushroom with an open flat cap.More example sentences
- Equally nonaggressive but more effective are roast chicken atop smothered leeks, and a meaty stack of portobellos topped by grilled radicchio and balsamic-bathed onions.
- While I'd be happy to find more portobellos in the linguine Gorgonzola with portobello mushrooms, I love the gorgeously light Gorgonzola cream sauce.
- Pizzas are made with fluffy dough and a selection of toppings, including red and yellow peppers, tomatoes, black olives, mozzarella and portobello and porcini mushrooms.
1990s: perhaps alteration of Italian pratarolo 'meadow mushroom'.
More definitions of portobelloDefinition of portobello in:
- The US English dictionary