A person who poses; a poseur.
- ‘Canned hunts’ are for phonies and posers and dandy boys.
- Some people see cyclists as posers with their skin-tight brightly coloured Lycra jerseys, padded shorts and shaved legs.
- Some people love them, others think they are overpriced and worn by fashion victims and posers.
Words that rhyme with posercomposer, discloser, dozer, exposer, Mendoza, mimosa, opposer, ponderosa, proposer, proser, Rosa, Somoza, Spinoza
A difficult or perplexing question or problem.
- She throws the question back with the poser, ‘why not?’
- Something to do with the West Lothian Question, a constitutional poser that once aroused great passion but is now lost in the mists of time.
- To answer the 300-odd posers on the questionnaire without then being persuaded to sign up for the religion was an essential rite-of-passage for any spotty adolescent struggling to find their own voice.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan