Relating to or determined by position: United will be forced to make several positional changes
More example sentences
- It is clear that if the all-out-attack policy is to work, then there will have to be personnel and positional changes in the coming weeks.
- With six positional changes from their three previous starts, the Blues confirmed their ability and depth across the squad.
- Anand was at his positional best in getting the better of Svidler, who fell prey to finely disguised manoeuvres.
- Example sentences
- I look first for a good result and for good performance, but we have to play better positionally and keep our shape.
- As a 1220 player I often find myself in an actual game being unsure about whether or not to play quietly or sharply, tactically or positionally.
- Fortunately, I believe that Murray would indeed use the recommended lines against his fellow grandmasters - the Rossolimo is easy to learn, positionally very sound, and can be so poisonous that quick White victories are quite common.
Words that rhyme with positionaladditional, tuitional, volitional
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: pos|ition¦al
Definition of positional in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.