- A subatomic particle with the same mass as an electron and a numerically equal but positive charge.More example sentences
- The term accelerators most commonly refers to particle accelerators, devices for increasing the velocity of subatomic particles such as protons, electrons, and positrons.
- The full scattering amplitude is the sum of all contributions from all possible loops of photons, electrons, positrons, and other available particles.
- The decaying atoms emit positrons, which encounter electrons and are annihilated, releasing pairs of gamma rays.
More definitions of positronDefinition of positron in:
- The US English dictionary