- A pronoun indicating possession, for example mine, yours, hers, theirs.More example sentences
- An ‘analogous expression’ would be a possessive pronoun followed by an evaluative adjective used as a noun, referring to a specific event or action.
- Another common mistake is to confuse it's and its, the former being a contraction of it is and the latter a possessive pronoun.
- The apostrophe is never used with possessive pronouns such as his, hers, its, ours, yours or theirs, except with ‘one’, eg. ‘One must do one's best’.
More definitions of possessive pronounDefinition of possessive pronoun in:
- The US English dictionary