- 1Denoting or relating to the time following a nuclear war or other catastrophic event: a post-apocalyptic action picture of the ‘Mad Max’ type: tough loner fights for survival against hordes of barbaric scavengers the grim desperation of a post-apocalyptic societyMore example sentences
- The graphics have an overall dirty look to bring the post-apocalyptic world to life.
- The game is set upon a fictional post-apocalyptic version of Earth, where territorial gangs must eke out a difficult existence since even the most fundamental commodities that perpetuate life are in short supply.
- One of the most common science fiction subgenres is that of the post-apocalyptic survivor - an individual who lives through some kind of catastrophe (often a nuclear war) and must make his way through the hostile environment that exists in its wake.
- 2Denoting or relating to the time following the biblical Apocalypse: the post-apocalyptic kingdom of GodMore example sentences
- The Kingdom of God is not a political entity, nor is it some future post-apocalyptic kingdom, but the rule of Jesus in the hearts of Christians.
- A key concept in Parker's theology is the post-apocalyptic vision.
- His current research interests include theology of peace/post-apocalyptic theology, and the development of a new interreligious grammar.
More definitions of post-apocalypticDefinition of post-apocalyptic in:
- The US English dictionary