Definition of post-feminist in English:
Coming after the feminism of the 1960s and subsequent decades, in particular moving beyond or rejecting some of the ideas of feminism as out of date: post-feminist sexual mores
More example sentences
- It is too easy to skip over feminism in these self-proclaimed post-feminist times.
- Mothers of America, it's time to talk back and refute insulting post-feminist propaganda.
- Lisa clearly comes from this generation of sexually-empowered post-feminist females; Matt is just old enough to find it novel.
nounBack to top
A person holding post-feminist views.
- Now the post-feminists are rising in influence, as eloquent as we once were.
- Putting his characters on the rostrum he sends up everything from the contextual pieties of the new historicists to the gender fixations of the post-feminists.
- This is a popular theme among those post-feminists who go on about girl power, and say they don't want laws that give them victim status.
- Example sentences
- This feminist novel has already traveled into the era of post-feminism.
- The apparent popularity of post-feminism should give feminists pause particularly because the post-feminist strain veils deep-seated conservatism.
- In this kind of environment, post-feminism confronts the young feminist as something of a briar patch to be negotiated with care.
Definition of post-feminist in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia